In this first session of the Management and Executive Development training series participants will learn the essential skills and knowledge to begin a successful career in management. This session is focused on the “need to know” information and foundational skills that will place the manager on the right track as he/she transitions into a leadership role.
Course Goals: It is the intention and design of this session to enable the participant to understand the nature, scope and importance of their role as a leader. Each participant will walk away with an increased level of awareness as to what it takes to be an effective leader. Participants will also demonstrate the use of a highly effective interviewing and coaching process. Upon conclusion, each participant will create their personal action commitment plan to execute the new found knowledge and skills.
- You’re a Manager – Now What?
- Going from “peer” to manager – Earn the respect and credibility from the people that you may have worked with side by side
- New Manager Challenges – What to expect? What to avoid?
- The 3 roles of a manager: Business, Tactical, People
- Principle Centered Management – Values that get the team rowing in same direction
- Manager Vs Leader – Instilling both manager and leadership values
- “Managers do things right. Leaders do the right things”
- Managing Vs Coaching – If the manager is coaching then the employee owns the result. If the manager is managing then he/she owns the performance. When to Coach? When to Manage?
- Management Styles – Autocratic, Democratic
- Which style are you? When is it best to be Autocratic or Democratic?
- Effective Management Communication Skills
- What is your non-verbal behavior saying about you?
- The power of 1) Eye Contact 2) Posture 3) Tone of Voice
- Intentions Vs Behavior: Employees do not see your intentions, they only see behavior. Learn to communicate using your “whole self”.
- Competency Based Interviewing
- Understanding of how job specific competencies shape the interview
- Aligning job competencies to interviewing questions
- Creating competency based questions
- Interview Role Play – Utilizing participant scenarios
- Final Activity – Personal Action Commitment plan. Participants leave with their personal development plan and SMART objectives for implementation of session I learning content
Duration: 2 Days
- Multiple courses booked at one time: ($7,500.00 per workshop)
- 12 participant maximum
- Travel is additional